Monday, April 26, 2010

Kate Chopin

Katherine O'Flaherty was born in (1850-1904). She was better known as Kate Chopin. Kat had around hundred short stories by 1890s. In her stories she does focuses in women, how brighter, sensitive, and intellgent they are. Also, the unique way she describes them in her storie is fantastic.
"As she glanced up at him the fear in her liquid blue eyes had given place to a drowsy gleam that unconsciously betrayed a sensuous desire." description of Calixta in "The Storm"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I like the way that you are doing something completely different than everyone else. This is giving me a great idea for my blog. I didn't even think about doing something like this! How neat!
    I remember Kate Chopin. Did we read this the previous semester or was it from this semester? For whatever reason I have forgotten! Hmmm!

    How very creative. I'm jealous.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very nice feature on the author. It is always wonderful to read of women authors. It encourages little girls and gets them off to a good start, when they hear of how others have been successful. You blog is truly nice. Good luck in your final project.

    ReplyDelete